South Perth Hospital is an acute not for profit private hospital located in the leafy environs of South Terrace South Perth with a 15 million dollar redevelopment project completed in 2010. The hospital has 5 operating rooms with a total of 95 beds and a procedure room. There are two inpatient wards, with a day surgery and endoscopy unit as well as 14 discharge chairs, including a separate paediatric discharge lounge. The Perioperative Suite is equipped with state of the art facilities and wireless network coverage for internet use which is available to surgeons and anaesthetists.
Physiotherapy and Social Work services are also available. The staff believe in providing high quality evidence based practice to improve patient outcomes. They take a patient centred approach to treatment by including patients and families in goal setting in order to optimise recovery.
South Perth Hospital has onsite radiology and pathology services (lease facilities).
The hospital provides a range of medical and surgical services including, Oral and Maxillofacial, Ear, Nose and Throat, Orthopaedic, Gynaecology, Paediatric, Plastic and Reconstructive, Podiatric, General Surgery and Pain Management.
South Perth Hospital provides ample free parking at the rear of the hospital, in its Fortune Street car park and street parking in South Terrace.
There are over 300 Visiting Medical Officers (VMOs) currently accredited at South Perth Hospital (SPH) offering services in a wide range of specialties.
If you would like to apply for accreditation as a VMO at SPH, you can apply by requesting the application form online firstname.lastname@example.org OR if you would like to discuss applying for accreditation please call 08 9367 0275 during business hours.
All applications are reviewed for approval by the Credentials and Scope of Clinical Practice Committee subject to receipt of all required information.
You will be asked to supply the following documentation along with your application form:
- Current Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of current AHPRA Registration
- Contact details for 2 referees
- Copy of current Professional Indemnity Insurance certificate of currency showing:
- Period of insurance
- Amount of cover
- Category of insurance (Note: tax invoices, renewal notices or receipt are not accepted).
- Copy of Radiation Licence (this is legally required if you intend to operate x-ray equipment)
- Clear copy of Working With Children clearance card (if working with children under the age of 18 years)
- Mandatory Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care (ACSQHC) evidence of the following (Note: SPH accepts evidence from any WA Health Care facility).
- Basic Life Support Education
- Open Disclosure Education
- Aseptic Technique Education
- Hand Hygiene Education
By applying for accreditation at South Perth Hospital you are agreeing to abide by our Medical By-Laws, a copy is available upon request to email@example.com