The health, safety and wellbeing of our patients and staff is of great importance at South Perth Hospital. We are closely monitoring the situation in Australia regarding the spread of COVID-19. Measures are in place to minimise the risk to our patients and staff. These include:
- Regular updates from the Australian Department of Health and Ageing.
- Regular updates from the Western Australian Department of Health.
- Screening of all patients to determine if you have a risk of COVID-19 exposure. E.g. Travel from, or through, overseas countries or outside WA within the previous 14 days.
- Monitoring of all staff to determine if they have a risk of COVID-19 exposure. E.g. Travel from, or through, overseas countries or outside WA within the previous 14 days, or contact with people are COVID-19 positive or being tested for COVID-19.
- Providing frequent updates to all staff and visiting medical practitioners regarding work restrictions if they have had a possible COVID-19 exposure risk.
- Access to experienced infection prevention and control personnel if required.
Visiting restrictions may apply. Please speak your nurse.
Entry to the Hospital:
From Monday 6 April 2020, the only entry into the hospital will be via the Main entrance on South Terrace.
If you have any queries, please feel free to contact the hospital prior to your admission.