The health, safety and wellbeing of our patients and staff is of great importance at South Perth Hospital. We are closely monitoring the situation in Australia regarding the spread of COVID-19. Measures are in place to minimise the risk to our patients and staff. These include:
- Regular updates from the Australian Department of Health and Ageing.
- Regular updates from the Western Australian Department of Health.
- Screening of all patients to determine if you have a risk of COVID-19 exposure. E.g. Symptoms of Respiratory Illness, contact with people with confirmed COVID-19, or being tested for COVID-19 and awaiting results.
- Monitoring of all staff to determine if they have a risk of COVID-19 exposure. E.g. Symptoms of Respiratory Illness, contact with people with confirmed COVID-19, or being tested for COVID-19 and awaiting results.
- Providing frequent updates to all staff and visiting medical practitioners regarding work restrictions if they have had a possible COVID-19 exposure risk.
- Access to experienced infection prevention and control personnel if required.
In light of the physical distancing and infection prevention and control requirements of Covid 19, restrictions to visiting times may also be imposed at the discretion of the Clinical Nurse Manager or Shift Coordinator.
The following visiting arrangements are in place across our hospital.
- If you:
- Have any symptoms of Respiratory Illness (fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath)
- Have been in contact with someone with confirmed COVID-19, and are therefore required to self-isolate for 14 days.
- Have been tested for COVID-19 and are waiting for the test results.
PLEASE DO NOT ENTER THE HOSPITAL
Under special circumstances approval or exemption to visit the hospital within the 14-day quarantine period may have been provided. In the event visits are permitted within the 14-day quarantine period, the following precautions will be implemented:
- Contact and droplet personal protective equipment will be applied prior to entering the facility/patient environment
- Persons may visit only by prior arrangement and attend at a scheduled visit time at the hospital. Please contact the hospital.
- Length of visit and the ability to re-attend visits will be at the discretion of the hospital
- Visitors will be escorted by a staff member upon entering and leaving the patient’s environment
- Visitors will not leave the room where the visit takes place during the planned visitation time
Entry to the Hospital:
From Monday 6 April 2020, the only entry into the hospital will be via the Main entrance on South Terrace.
If you have any queries, please feel free to contact the hospital prior to your admission.