COVID -19 Update 23rd April 2021
As per the Premier Mark McGowans press conference at 2.30pm, Western Australia is entering a 3 day lockdown commencing at midnight 23/04/2021 until Monday 26th April at midnight.
As a result
- MASKS ARE MANDATORY from 6pm
- NO VISITORS ARE PERMITTED in healthcare facilities unless under exceptional circumstances
- At this stage scheduled surgery and endoscopy procedures are not affected
Visiting hours for inpatients are between 8am and 8pm daily. Family and friends can contact the patient whilst in hospital by telephoning (08) 9367 0222 or the patient’s direct line if staying overnight.
To prevent concern, please understand that we are unable to disclose any details about patients to anyone without the patient’s direct instruction. This is a requirement of Privacy and Disclosure of Information laws. For further information see Privacy
In light of the physical distancing and infection prevention and control requirements of Covid 19, restrictions to visiting times may also be imposed at the discretion of the Clinical Nurse Manager or Shift Coordinator.
Covid 19 Special Precautions
The following visiting arrangements are in place across our hospital.
- Relatives and friends are requested not enter the hospital if unwell or if they have returned from overseas or interstate in the past 14 days.
Under special circumstances approval or exemption to visit the hospital within the 14-day quarantine period may have been provided. In the event visits are permitted within the 14-day quarantine period, the following precautions will be implemented:
- Contact and droplet personal protective equipment will be applied prior to entering the facility/patient environment
- Persons may visit only by prior arrangement and attend at a scheduled visit time at the hospital. Please contact the hospital.
- Length of visit and the ability to re-attend visits will be at the discretion of the hospital
- Visitors will be escorted by a staff member upon entering and leaving the patient’s environment
- Visitors will not leave the room where the visit takes place during the planned visitation time
Meals for visitors can be ordered and paid for at Reception. As an alternative, a café and a delicatessen are located on South Terrace a short walk from the hospital. For further information see Facilities
Free off-street parking is available at the rear of the hospital in Burch Street (off Fortune Street).
For patients and visitors to South Perth Hospital with limited mobility, a disabled parking bay is available at the front door of the hospital to ensure ease of access. For further information see Transport and Parking
For those family members that may require accommodation, please see Accommodation for further information
Support person/Visitors Day Procedure
There are no visitor facilities for day procedure patients. If the patient is over the age of 18 years, one support person may accompany you to the admission area. As the patient may be in the day procedure unit for 3 hours or more, it is advisable that the support person does not remain at the hospital but return at the time nominated by staff as the discharge time.
With the exception of one parent/carer for those under 18 years, visitors are not permitted into the perioperative area.
Child minding facilities are not available. Parents of children undergoing a procedure should ensure siblings are cared for away from the hospital environment.